The NG Guard is the first simple, non-invasive, reliable securement method that increases patient comfort and overall outcomes. The NG Guard prevents tube dislodgment, improves patient comfort, decreases the need for added time and costs, and results in improved patient outcomes.
• Detaching only one side of the head strap during placement will help with the ease of securing the device.
• This device can hold any nasogastric or nasoenteric tube sizes 12-18Fr.
• If using to secure an orogastric tube, place the NG Guard on the head strap so that the NG locking device and hinge is facing downward, proximal to the orogastric tube.
• The NG locking device is meant to be a permanent solution for securement for the life of the tube. Do not lock ratchet strap until placement of tube has been confirmed.
• When using a smaller French tube, the ratchet strap may be trimmed after securement of the tube.