The NG Guard is the first simple, non-invasive, reliable securement method that increases patient comfort and overall outcomes. The NG Guard prevents tube dislodgment, improves patient comfort, decreases the need for added time and costs, and results in improved patient outcomes.
• Detaching only one side of the head strap during placement will help with the ease of securing the device.
• This device can hold any nasogastric or nasoenteric tube sizes 12-18Fr.
• If using to secure an orogastric tube, place the NG Guard on the head strap so that the NG locking device and hinge is facing downward, proximal to the orogastric tube.
• The NG locking device is meant to be a permanent solution for securement for the life of the tube. Do not lock ratchet strap until placement of tube has been confirmed.
• When using a smaller French tube, the ratchet strap may be trimmed after securement of the tube.
Can NG Guard be used with pediatric patients? Which patients is it tailored for?No. The NG Guard is for adults only for now. It can be used for people with medium to large builts and may not be suitable for smaller patients with smaller heads.
How does the NG Guard save time and money for hospitals?40% of feeding tubes get dislodged. The NG Guard prevents accidental pull outs or feeding tube dislodgement which can result in costs related to: - Inserting a new feeding tube - Obtaining an x-ray post new tube insertion - Wasted materials including feeding and feeding sets that need to be discarded - Increased unnecessary time spent with patients for feeding tube replacement. - Higher malnutrition rates of patients due to lost feeding time - Possible increased length of stay due to delayed care
How does the NG Guard fair against competitors like the Bridle?The bridle is more invasive and requires more training to be inserted by healthcare staff. The NG Guard is external, non invasive and very intuitive and easy to use. The bridle can potentially cause complications like nasal ulceration due to its invasive nature.
How long can the NG Guard stay in place?The NG Guard can be kept in place for up to 29 days.
What happens if the patient pulls on the feeding tube with the NG Guard in place?The feeding tube is securely locked with the NG Guard and will not be dislodged when the patient pulls onto the feeding tube. The head strap maintains it in place.
Is the NG Guard Latex free?Yes.